- Engine Company 1, originally know as Hose Co. 1, was
- January 22,1901 with 23 members at a historic
meeting held at the
- Bogota Boat Club. Their first piece of equipment
was a hand drawn
- hose carriage with 450 feet of hose and 2 nozzles.
This equipment was kept
- in Munns Barn, and later in Kriegers Stable on River
Road for an annual
- rental fee of $15.00 until 1906 when he Main Street
Firehouse was built.
- In 1914 they secured their first piece of motorized
- It was a Hartford Pope passenger
car, converted to a truck to
- carry hose.
- At this point Hose Co. 1 became Engine Co. 1.
- In 1923 Engine 1 purchased a 1923 Maxim Pumper, followed by a 1943
- Pumper, followed by a 1960 Mack Pumper and then the current 1981
- LaFrance pumper.
Engine 1 - 1938
Engine 1 - June, 1938
- Engine #1 at Main Street Firehouse
- Engine 1 now occupies the West Broad St. Firehouse
- located behind Borough Hall. This move occured in
- Engine #1 and Hook&Ladder Quarters 1906-1973
- In 1904 Engine 1 member Harlan P. Ross was named the
first fire chief of Bogota.
- The 50th anniversary of the founding of our Department
was enhanced by the
- coincidence that William Ross, son of Harlon Ross
would be chief in 1951.
- Engine 1 James Mitchell, chief in 1997&2001, is
the first chief to serve two terms.
This American LaFrance engine served Engine 1 for 22 years.
In 2008 the new Pierce was put in service.