Hook and Ladder co. #1 was organized on October 7, 1907. At that time
they had no apparatus
so it is presumed they helped Engine Co.#1 in pulling it's hose cart. In
1908 a hand down
apparatus was purchased for $350.00.
It was replaced in 1917 with a Maxim hook and ladder.
In 1931 a more modern Maxim was purchased.
In 1952 a Seagrave 75 foot aerial ladder was purchased.
In 1973 two major events occurred for Hook and Ladder Co.#1.
Bogota purchased a Seagrave 100 foot aerial ladder for $68,000.00,
with new and modern life-saving, fire-fighting, and rescue equipment for
They also moved from their Main St. quarters to their new and present
on West Broad St. behind Borough Hall.
In 1993 a E-One 100 foot rear mount aerial ladder was purchased.
Copyright © 2001-20014. All rights reserved.
Revised: December 02, 2014 .