As Bogota's population increased, fire protection had to be expanded.
On March 8, 1923 Hose Co. #3 was organized with ten members to protect the southern part of Bogota, known as the "Hill". The company used the hose tender of Engine Co. #1 (the latter having its first Maxim) and stored it in Mr. Bubbles double garage on Fairview Avenue. In 1927 this was replaced by a Maxim combination pumper and hose truck.